View Single Post
EightBitz

Old February 2nd, 2017, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
As one of the primary "pitchforkers" about printing, no it's not really a good thing.

I've just mostly given up hoping that this program will do what basic things I want from it in any sort of timeframe that will make me care.

I had a tiny glimmer of hope looking at the XML, but then I saw the process involved in outputting a couple of topics and the amount of effort required to make the resulting data at all useable and I threw in the towel.

I keep reading the forums here every once and a while, but I mostly consider this lost time and money.
This issue is kind of a double-edged sword. If they had JUST added a print feature, then we would have JUST had a print feature. It would have been easier to use, but limited to that scope.

With XML, they gave the community to the ability to transform and adapt the data. It's more effort, but there's also a community here with people who are able expend that effort.

There's a script to import from Obsidian Portal, which I'm sure many people will find useful. There's my script that transforms into HTML which not only allows for printing, but for web publishing.

As one of the first (if not THE first) pitchforker about printing, I'm pretty happy right now, but I understand having other frustrations. In what other manner would you like the data to be usable? Maybe I, or someone else, can help.

If you'd rather, feel free to send me a PM or an email.
EightBitz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote