View Single Post
jkthomsen9

Old January 31st, 2015, 11:45 AM
I am disappointed in the short sighted/trollish responses from the community. I have been using HL for about five years now. In the beginning it was very buggy, did not have much content, and I had to "write" many of my own data sets. I went so far as to take a beginners XML class, only to learn that HL uses a "bastardized" form of it. But David was always helpful when I wrote asking how do i do X,Y,Z.

Then the community stepped in. Shadowcamesh "sorry for the spelling" and chief weasel among others started entering "old" content and then the AP's. ONCE the content market is up and running I fully expect the community to step up again and make this product better and better.

If you don't think it will get better lets look at HL five years down the road. I recently started a new campaign for my daughters, Wrath of the Righteous. From LWD I had every mechanic already in HL to generate the characters. From the community I was able to download EVERY encounter for the entire campaign.

And then it happened.......I have been bitching for YEARS about printing heros in HL. More often than not I forget to turn off the bless spell, the rage condition, or prone condition before I print. Then I turn them off and reprint.......But this time as I was configuring the character I noticed a new block, asking what I wanted to do with the conditional modifyers. I am not sure how long it had been there, as honestly the last couple updates happened at the begging of a game session and I did not read the release notes, but there it was...one of the quirky thing about the program was just gone.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote