View Single Post
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 10th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Perhaps, but most of the actual rules changes are here. Some particulars might change, but the majority of what I need is here.

I am only half-way through Combat Edges, and I can already see that I have a *lot* of work to do. It will be like the Explorer/Deluxe upgrade, this will be the new normal, and the previous material will have their unique ID's replaced and tagged as source "Deluxe".

So, the extensive differences mean I will finish the current update and get it out before I start work on this.

The Languages thing is going to be interesting. We can't do conditional bootstraps, so adding a specific number of Language Skills depending on which Edge they have, which Setting rules are in place, and what their Smarts happens to be, is going to be double tough.

Core Skills I can get away with by setting up a cost exemption for those Skill tagged as Core.

The thing that is going to cause the biggest ripple is the folding of Throwing into Athletics. Throwing was a core combat skill, and it gets referenced a LOT. So, if I preclude it, there will be issues until everything that references it is re-coded to allow for Athletics.

And completely outside of HL, it looks like Blood & Guts and Joker's Wild are permanent...

More to follow...

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #398 Reply With Quote