View Single Post
Sendric

Old January 16th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarr View Post
Hello there,
My DM is quite the medieval "fanatic" and has redone the weapon and armour system since he believes it should be more realistic. I do have a list of all the changes, and it's quite extensive. I would nonetheless want to incorporate these changes as a set of changes in the editor. Naturally, my first step was just to add the new weapons as duplicates. Now while that works, I do have... duplicates now, obviously, which does clutter the screen quite a lot when I want to add a new weapon.

So, this is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to hide weapons that I have created duplicates of? A workaround would be to add something to every overhauled weapon, but I would prefer it to be hidden.
Yes. You have three options I can think of off the top of my head:

1) When creating new weapons, you can replace the original weapon. ie. when creating a new longsword, put wLongsword in the box marked "Replaces Thing Id". This will remove the original weapon from the list, but it also means you won't be able to use the original weapon under other circumstances.

2) Input all the original weapon Id's in to the Hidden tab of the editor (General --> *Hidden). Anything entered here will be hidden, as the name implies. As above, this means you won't be able to use these weapons under other circumstances.

3) Create a new source (ie. Medieval Weapons) which you mark all of your new weapons with. Then go to General --> *Preclude and insert all of the original weapon ids into the Thing Unique Id window and the new source into the Source Id window. This means that as long as you have the Medieval Weapons source checked, you will only see your new weapons, but if you uncheck it, you will see your old weapons. If you want to be able to see both, then you could do one of the following:
A) Add a second source to all the new weapons, and keep it checked while unchecking the other source, or
B) Don't bother sourcing all of the new weapons. This way when Medieval Weapons is checked you see only the new ones, and when unchecked you see all of them.
Whatever you do, be sure to do it all in a new user file, and not one that's part of the community set. Files associated with the community set are over-written with each update, and anything changed in them will be lost.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote