View Single Post
Exmortis

Old September 15th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talsharien View Post
I am with Shadow on this one, HL takes a little getting used to and at the beginning seems very daunting. Once you get your head around the way things work you can create almost anything custom by copying chunks of things that are already there. If I have to learn another language, thus rebuilding my large array of custom rules and mods I suspect that it would be the end of my relationship with what is a great piece of software.
I guess this makes me lucky. I am not a coder, or a scripter, I have not the knack for it. However I have struggled through learning the scripting in HL, even with my wee brain. But having no foundation to build on really, put me in an advantage, thus what ever HL does seems....well...right lol.

Offline/Online is a personal issue, for me, it is a concern. I spend a lot of time at my lake, and many a hour spent inside looking at rain. Much of that time is used on RW/HL campaign work, and offline. No such connection there, so no offline HLO for me is a deal breaker. However, I also realize that gaming/working with internet is now the "norm", So its direction makes perfect sense. But LWD made a sweet choice here, HL/HLO share data sets, thus HL is your offline tool.

I don't understand the rhetoric, HL works, yeah its UI is old and clunky, but it works and works really well as a gaming tool. Better than any others I have used. So, either you stay with tested and true HL, or you move forward to HLO. What's the bid deal?

So even though I am not currently the market for HLO, no offline and LWD's inability to plan, or execute new projects being the two reasons, they left me with HL, and future dataset upgrades ensuring I remain a customer. As well anyone else that requires/wants/needs offline use.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV

Last edited by Exmortis; September 15th, 2017 at 04:06 AM.
Exmortis is offline   #42 Reply With Quote