View Single Post
skald1

Old January 20th, 2020, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
With HLO we envision a completely different model, where there's less annoying bookkeeping like this (emailing files around, dealing with out-of-date files, conflicting versions, etc).
Oh, I would certainly agree there are far better ways to share instead of ye olde timey ways.

Quote:
You may have seen threads about the upcoming Campaigns feature, which will allow players to join their characters to a GM's game, much like an online multiplayer game.
I have and very much look forward to it, whenever it's released.

Quote:
We are hoping to launch the beta of this very soon, and while it won't cover all of the cases you mentioned above initially, our goal is to build it up such that it erases the need for any such manual drudgery.
Which will, undoubtedly, be lovely. My complaint was the lack of the feature now that, while depricated later on by Campaign Theater perhaps, would allow for a continuity of workflow for those migrating from HLC.

Quote:
None of that is to say that we won't introduce import/export at some point for other reasons, but we are not planning on relying on it to facilitate group play.
Understood, however unfortunate.
I assume Campaign Theater is offered at a separate sub?
skald1 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote