View Single Post
SeeleyOne

Old August 28th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Here are a couple of bugs.

1) The claws and natural weapons are made to replace the Unarmed damage. This is not a part of the official rules, as shown to us in the Pinnacle forums. While it is true that you would want to use claws in place of a punch, having claws does not mean that you cannot use unarmed combat. Instead the claws, bite, tail, and horns should be natural weapons that are bootstrapped to the character.

2) Regarding natural weapons bootstrapped to a character, there do not really need to be all that many options. Each different monster does not need its own entry. Claws that do d4 are claws that do d4. This is not as much as a bug as that the core data should provide generic versions that are then in turn used by the different creatures. This is not as much a bug as an unnecessary bloat in data.

3) The races that have natural weapons, such as the Rakshaasan have their weapons bypass the minimum strength. That is, even when a Rakshasan has a strength of d4 the claws are listed as doing Str+d6.

Naturally, I have fixed all of the above in my own code. I made an eval script that looks at my versions of the generic natural weapons and my version of Natural Warrior (the only difference being that it has no eval script of its own).

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #130 Reply With Quote