View Single Post
Invictus

Old August 25th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I think jack-slash is a lot like me on this one, and I probably should've explained this earlier ...

I don't know anything about writing computer code. And I realize that as a result, some of the things possible in the editor will not be so possible for me. I'd like to learn some of that stuff eventually, and for that reason I thank you Lawful_g, for the lengthy and involved post you provided for me, even though I don't understand a word of it yet. As for the tutorial, I didn't see anything there that I couldn't figure out from knowing the game rules and the fact that I've also worked with the M&M data set.

What I am able to do at this point is hit the buttons that give us choices, and fill in spaces for plain text. So I can add in Spells really easy, and some Feats, too. The Feats that give me a problem are the ones with a prerequisite. 'Cause when I hit the prereq button, I can get this selection menu that looks great, but when I choose from it, I must need to type something else with it (before? after? both?).

Like I say, I'd like to learn the advanced steps sometime. But I don't expect anyone on these boards to give me a full-on free computer programming class, either, so if that's ultimately what I need, I'm probably out of luck. What I am most interested in at the moment is maximizing the utility of what I do know how to do, and recognizing what is within that limit and what isn't. Going back to my "Swashbuckler" Grace example, I created something in "Class special" the other day, and still it didn't show on the character sheet. Does this mean a script is necessary? I was thinking (hoping) that a script only really needed if I wanted the program to do the math, when all I was shooting for at this point was a notation.

Thanks again for your help; I hope letting you know where I'm at on the learning curve makes it a little less frustrating to work with me!
Invictus is offline   #22 Reply With Quote