View Single Post
CorzatTheGray

Old July 25th, 2019, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
We understand this isn't everyone's cup of tea, that's why HL Classic will remain an option for the foreseeable future
Unless you are planning on PF 2.0 or Starfinder, the only 2 systems offered by HLO... aaaaaand NOT offered in HLC... so this seems to be an Apples to Oranges argument.

Currently there is NO way that anyone can compare the two programs to each other in this way because they do not share game systems.

If HLC had access to Starfinder or PF2 then one could make the argument that it "remains an option" for those who do not wish to pay the server fees.

Or if HLO offered the myriad other systems that HLC offers then one could hold to the comparison.

But until the consumer is given the choice of what platform to use for any given system then it is not a 1:1 comparison.

Right now the choice of the consumer is not:
A.) [Game System of Choice] locked into 1 licensed computer (or up to 5 machines depending on the number of licenses purchased) with perpetual access to the purchased materials only on that licensed computer

OR

B.) [Game System of Choice] on anything with a browser with access to purchased materials so long as the server fee is payed

So I disagree with this statement that "HL Classic will remain an option for the foreseeable future." when making comparisons between the two platforms at this point in HLO's development.

I would LOVE to have to make that hard decision of which platform to use... but until [Game System of Choice] is offered on HLO, I am still using HLC without complaint... outside of not having had a content update for Pathfinder since April...

Currently Playing: Pathfinder - Skull & Shackles AP
Current Character: Legendary Gunslinger 11
Currently DMing: D&D 5E - AAW Games A-Series
CorzatTheGray is offline   #10 Reply With Quote