View Single Post
Fuzzy

Old March 13th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
Along those lines, I would think that if PF was on HLO, they could then drop iPad logic/support as the iPad could just use the HLO? Although you loose offline unless they change that...

For offline, why not package up an application build that is basically the "server" logic and the UI would just be a "Web view" to that localhost? Then you have one code base? Take the Discord app as an example, it's simply a web application, and the OS install is really just installing a custom Chromium build displaying the web app. (ok, not the exact same thing but...)

All in all, their are ways to solve offline use unless they really have other motives to force users to use web browser/server.

Also, I really don't see myself throwing away a couple hundred dollars of Hero Lab investment and probably won't invest in any more data packages until I know where we are heading (and I'm not putting that all on LW, but I assume they know more than us from Paizon). I would consider paying 35$ for Pathfinder 2.0 IF my current source material came over with it from Pathfinder 1.0. Or a nominal "transfer" fee if those data packages needed changes because of 2.0. (if a book only had some feats and spells in it, and feats and spells still have the same format in 2.0, then I see no reason why I can't use it with 2.0).

I'm going out on an assumption that Pazio does NOT want us to throw away our 1.0 source material and it will be largely compatible (outside of statblocks).
I asked about them developing a local server based web version many MANY years ago, and the answer then was that Too many people play in internet-lacking environments for a web-anything version.. now that they DO have a web based version, it's online only. Rather frustrating.
Fuzzy is offline   #26 Reply With Quote