View Single Post
joe2chillo

Old May 15th, 2019, 06:50 AM
So I resolved the issue and wanted to share for future users who may experience the same issue. To answer a few questions some of you had as well,
I do have a 2nd computer that was not experiencing the issue and the issue was confined to my laptop. Though I thought it could be some setting or corruption tin the install of my laptop, though I did try reinstalling.
Also, the realm was newer and not very large. Even if it was a full sync it should only take a few minutes.

However, the issue was not with RW but with the laptop. As I mentioned I have a newer MS Surface Pro with some pretty good specs. However, it seems Microsoft skimped out on the SSDs a bit. Tons of users have reported similar issues on MS forums and other sites. A few fixes were offered such as installing the Samsung NVMe driver for the SSD instead of the MS driver. I was unable to do this however. What I ended up doing was disabling Write Cache Buffer Flushing. Soon as this was disabled the drive started working at a more reasonable level and realm works was able to sync in a few minutes. The drive still doesn't perform as fast as you would expect an SSD to but its good enough for what I am doing on this computer. If this was my gaming rig I'd probably be pissed.

So if anyone has a Microsoft Surface and is having an issue with slow syncs here is your fix!
joe2chillo is offline   #7 Reply With Quote