View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 17th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Ugg.. I'm sorry for you, I don't know how I could live without d20pfsrd.com during a gaming session

I guess it re-enforces GM fiat though.
The place has no wifi access and the building's walls are thick. The metal roof and insulation pretty much block cell phone signals. Now, to be honest, its a great place to game without the distraction of internet as well. Yeah I have to do without online services like d20srds but at the same time I have physical copies of the books which defeats that purpose anyway. System Reference Documents are stripped down versions of their parent systems, so you do end up missing some content that is in the book. I'd rather use the books just because of that. Also, I used to have a player who once he got online was useless as a player to the group. He wouldn't pay attention at all when we were doing things and the game was running. Once we started using the ghetto store he got his head in the game. It's not an ideal location, but its also an ideal location. I know running the game up there is difficult at times for some people but for me its nice to have a game without the distractions of the internet and players not paying attention to the game. Every pays attention to what's going on at the tabletop up there. "Device-Free" gaming has its perks too so its one reason I wouldn't think of changing locations for awhile. I know it annoys some players but ultimately I think the good outweighs the bad. When you have nothing else to do but play D&D and there's no distractions around, it leads to fun games and players who get through encounters. We get solid games done up there so I do like the location.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #77 Reply With Quote