View Single Post
Murrdox

Old October 15th, 2018, 08:03 AM
You can put this into either the direct NPC or the Scene, it depends on the usage. I have done both.

For example, in Shadowrun, one of the key components of the game is "legwork", where after the players are assigned a quest, they do research and reach out to their NPC contacts for information on their assignment.

Legwork sections I usually listed out directly in the NPCs section. I would have a Category for Legwork, and then I would have a separate Snippet for each piece of information that could be gleaned from that NPC. For example, let's say the players were trying to find information on Maria Mercurial, a famous singer. I might have snippets for legwork on the following:

- "Maria Mercurial, sure, who hasn't heard of her?"
- "I've got a friend, Jon Johnson, who told me he's got backstage passes to her show next week"
- *If players offer a bribe* "Okay, here's Jon's contact info. Maybe he'll sell you the tickets."

But then lets say the players are in a specific scene inside a club. They find information that there's a threat on Maria Mercurial's life, and someone at the club is a suspect. In that case, I wouldn't put those dialog lines in the NPC who says them, I'd have them as snippets as part of the scene itself.

Hopefully that makes sense?
Murrdox is offline   #4 Reply With Quote