View Single Post
Ualaa

Old January 3rd, 2019, 04:56 AM
Page 91 of the Expanded book has a section for Old Dogs New Tricks.
If you're using that, depending on your old class or archetype of a class, you can add one of two disciplines (generally).

I've just used the handy adjustments for add martial discipline to class and then remove.
Same for joining a faction, as that essentially adds a specific discipline and removes one of the existing (of your choice).
Same for the non-scripted trait, 'Unorthodox Method'.
Between those, any class can at least add two disciplines, at the cost of two.

One change to an adjustment that would make Gestalt a lot easier (since the calculations are often off for pieces that do not assume a Gestalt build) would be if the adjustment for initiator level listed the actual initiator level once it has been selected.
For example, when I use 'Gestalt Saves', and choose say Reflex it says "Gestalt, Saves (+5)", giving the current value with the adjust value taken into consideration.

The 1/2 level in other classes, as initiator level, is counting "gestalt" as a class.
My work around for that, is to adjust the initiator level upwards until a stance that has an initiator level dependent effect increases the effectiveness, so I know what IL the character is for that stance, and then decreasing IL via that adjustment, until it's at the level is should be at.

Being able to just adjust the Initiator Level downwards, due to displaying what HL calculates it to be, would be easier.
Ualaa is offline   #28 Reply With Quote