View Single Post
Teldon.Tassletale

Old July 4th, 2014, 07:06 PM
I have a Dell Venue 8, it works fine on it, but the buttons are a little too small in the UI and require a stylus and a steady hand. I wouldn't recommend this size for most users. A few beers and it's too frustrating to hit the right buttons. A quick re-skin (just make them bigger) would do wonders for the tablet users, and because it's Windows... well... little to no coding!

My wife has a surface 3 and last week used it during the session. It worked perfectly, and her stylus was able to click the buttons without issue and often was able to use her finger to click things. It helps when you scale up the desktop a little.

The nice thing is the form factor is just about perfect, plus she was easily able to jump to OneNote for game tracking. The party and the DM at our table share the same OneNote book with separate tabs for players, general notes, etc. Nice thing is that it was continuously syncing between the players so they all had the same information, regardless of who was recording the notes! Which is good because I don't like a single player to have to play secretary all night, and rotate the RP through them all. So when one is rping, the other just takes over note taking and things work great.

Better yet, the OneNote method means they can access it later... or any time they want.. on any device that supports it. I also use One Drive to distribute campaign setting notes (I run a homebrew setting that's been years in the development) Between the Windows tablets, One Note and being able to share via One Drive, life got a lot easier. I'd hope that the RealmWorks player interface would be able to do some of the same things. The Synced notes is an extremely important feature (And yes OneNote tells you who added the text)
Teldon.Tassletale is offline   #6 Reply With Quote