View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old January 31st, 2015, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
I am disappointed in the short sighted/trollish responses from the community.

<SNIP>

And then it happened.......I have been bitching for YEARS about printing heros in HL.

<SNIP>
That's a rather backhanded defense of Realmworks, albeit unintentional.

Having to wait YEARS for bugs or glitches to be fixed or important features to be added?

MAYBE I'll wait years, but only if a better solution doesn't present itself. Not sure why pointing this out is trollish.

I don't personally know the developers. I'm sure they are nice people. I know it is difficult to put in long hours and even take on a lot of financial risk to develop a product only to have customers complain and demand more. But it is still better that folks are yelling at them. That means that they care and are invested in the product and really do not want to (or currently cannot easily) jump to another product. As a small business owner myself, if someone does leave, I would rather they do so loudly and let me know, rather drop away quietly. I may decide that their complaints do not warrant deviating from my business strategy, but I still want to know why people leave.

I wasn't part of the kickstarter group so I got exactly what was advertised. Buyer beware and all that. I'm overall a happy customer and try to give constructive feedback because I would like my begging for calendars to be taken seriously (and it has, just prioritized behind features more users were begging for—which is logical).

If, however, features were promised and not delivered or delivered but then yanked away when issues with them arose, well, I can see why those users would be louder in their complaints. I don't read these complaints as trollish. The developers may have good business reasons to continue to put delivering on their promises on the back-burner—that's between the developers and those who feel they did not get what they paid for. Passionate complaints may be hard to stomach at the time, but they are better than being given nothing to swallow.
MNBlockHead is offline   #29 Reply With Quote