View Single Post
Dami

Old December 7th, 2020, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoanderthal View Post
Hi Folks,
I still play 3.5 occasionally and I was using PCGen but wanted to use HL (since I've got it for PF and the 5E SRD) for 3.5 as well. I found this excellent-looking community data set, but I seem to be either not understanding something or missing a step.
I can download and install either the URL or the HL package and either method updates properly, but I don't see an entry in the game systems for the Game system - just the option for the HL-provided d20 system.

Do I need to purchase the d20 system in order to use the community data set?
No, you can use HL free as a Demo. You don't need to buy the d20 package to use the Community Pack.
Make sure you follow the instructions on the first page of this thread to get the community pack setup.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Sendric. Even if he doesn't buy the d20 package, he should still be able to run/see the community stuff... or have things changed? If you don't buy d20, you can make characters, but not save or print them. (This might be both of us looking at "use" differently)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; December 7th, 2020 at 09:33 PM.
Dami is offline   #1092 Reply With Quote