Thread: Tutorials?
View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish here. However, I'm pretty sure that you can't accomplish any of the things you specifically are asking for. So what I need is a detailed description of what you're trying to ACHIEVE. Please note the word I'm using. Tell me the goal of what you ultimately want to accomplish. Don't bother telling me what mechanism you are trying to use to accomplish the goal, since you'll likely need a different approach based on my reading of your questions below.

Please note that I don't have a CLUE about how the Warlord data files are written, and I am NOT very familiar with the army construction rules for the game. So you'll need to outline all the pertain game mechanics that I'll need to understand. You'll also need to outline how the existing Warlord files are written with respect to the mechanics you're trying to splice into. Armed with that, I'll do my best to offer suggestions for how to solve things.

-Rob

At 12:53 PM 12/29/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
what is the correct script (to be used in over ride) for returning a model's runtime leader of the squad?

I was thinking that if I checkmarked the box that says Is Leader then it should flag the leader ID or something like that (I read in a different thread).. And therefore it should be something similar to the following:

runtime.leader."leader's unique id"

leader.runtime.isunit["leader's unique id"]

Or even better, what is the script that returns the runtime squad name of a model? that is, if in the data file unit section, in the "other details" area, I assign a squad name there, I assume then if I add this model along with other models under it, then I should be able to do an over ride script that checks to see if the the model is included in the squad with that squad name. And trying to figure out the correct tags or script or whatnot.

And last for now, in the over rides pop up box, under the conditions box, there are boxes like squad name, cost, etc... How do I include those into the conditions instead of the results? That is I want the items on the left side of that pop up box to be condition factors and the items on the right side to be the results...
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote