View Single Post
Jamz

Old July 27th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
What TV do you use? I thought most TVs had issues at being mounted like that?
It's a VIZIO E500i-A1 50" 1080p 120Hz LED Smart TV w/ Wi-Fi.

I got it refurb from Woot < $500. I did luck out as I didn't even think about the Viewing Angle before I got it. But this thing worked out perfect! You can view it from the bottom and side just fine, looks the same from all angles.

It also hasn't suffered from weight or heat issues either after a year of use (1 x week for 8+ hours ontime). Even with the glass mounted over it (which some tv's hate because heat rises) it never gets over mid to high 90 degrees. Usually around 90ish. LCD's are so low powered these days, it's not as much an issue. (I was going to mount fans but haven't needed to).

Now, the table is SOLID (made from white ash and weighs about the same as a pool table lol) which means it heavily resists bumps, pushes, etc. So that means the tv doesn't jar/move at all which I suppose could otherwise contribute to the lcd separating from the screen under weight.

All in all, it was a cheaper solution than fixing my Projector that died, with much brighter, higher resolution, nicer picture.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #27 Reply With Quote