View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 15th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
I would solve this whole player vs character issue by simply making it by character.
That's the plan (as noted above by Rob link)

Quote:
You cannot control how many players, or how may characters each player plays, but we have one true static rule, you must have a character to play, thus we begin at the foundation for the game system it self, the character.
Here, here!! As you imply, this is "root" logic to how the game (regardless of version or genre) is structured.

Quote:
Also, players are to play the character based on what they the character knows, not others, so to support that idealism, we must reveal by character so the player knows what the character knows.
Yep.
And this was the concern leveraged by my wife. "If I use this RW, will I STILL have to sift through what my paladin vs, my barbarian, vs my bard knows because it only "Filters" down to the player level?"
Simplified answer.... no, it will be at the character level, as per Rob.

Quote:
After that, tweak player version to allow more than one character for a player in a window or tab. Most games I have been in, have one player, one PC character, though I am sure its not uncommon to have it otherwise, one to one is the norm I am aware of.
I agree, though would add, when I played bulletin board versions (now Play-by-Email) this was less so since there was long turnarounds between actions. Some as I have seen here, are playing "post" style gaming, and may not have that 1 to 1.

Quote:
As far as multi character reveal to color, I would simply say once a snippet has past more than on character reveal, it goes "black" or some other reserved color, maybe darker grey. Then if you hover over it, a pop up window appears and it shows color and character the snippet has been revealed too. Make it a right click on the reveal icon for a snippet bring this as a pop up menu and allow the choosing of character for the reveals, with the "reveal to all" button that turns the snippet the standard green.
+1
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote