Thread: "Review" of HLO
View Single Post
Dragnmoon

Old September 17th, 2019, 06:58 AM
That review is confusing and deceptive. I don't think it was meant to be deceptive on purpose but it really is unfortunate, especially when talking about the pricing scheme. The review implies that every 6 months you need to buy the data sets all over again. He cleared that up later on but the initial post was inaccurate.

That said in another post on Paizo I put my thoughts own HLO. Here is the repost of them.

Here is my experience so far with Herolabs Online for both Starfinder and Pathfinder 2nd.

Character Generation at home on my home PC is awesome and works really well. It is intuitive and does a great job in walking you through the process.

That is where the awesomeness ends.

It hurts not having the ability to add my own data like I did on Herolabs Classic. It sucks not having custom character sheets.

Here is where it really sucks, using it live during a game on my iPad Pro. (Only used it for Starfinder, have not tried PF2 yet live)

It constantly freezes, reloads, disconnects and is much slower then Herolabs classic on my iPad. I suspect it will work much better on a laptop. I have tested the live version on my PC at home and it works much better and quicker. The little lightning icon it uses in Strafinder to use abilities are hard to select on the iPad because it is so small, and it takes a few times to actually work.

The scrolling you need to do to see your entire character is annoying and I prefer the on page version of Herolabs classic.
Dragnmoon is offline   #8 Reply With Quote