View Single Post
Vargr

Old January 26th, 2017, 10:36 PM
@bishop618:

Your ideas are very ambitious. It can be done and can be very satisfying. I did it once (slightly different). I didn't concentrate on any particular RPG system, but made up my own cost and ressource system and had players issue orders through their captains and stewards and a few other managing-types characters (that I controlled).

If you are all new to all this roleplaying stuff and you have trouble finding a steady bi-weekly (or something like that) session to play, I would suggest starting off with something simpler.

A character per player, low level, simple surroundings (just a town, no need to get involved in the politics of the kingdoms and empires just yet), simple task (like, a who-done-it sort of scenario (a friend of one or more of the party approaches, her son has been accused of stealing/murdering/what-ever someone/thing and is now rotting away in the prison/awaiting execution soon, she wants you to find out who really did it and so maybe save her son).

Though it sounds simple, it can be a great way to get everyone really into the system and how to play. Let it run for 2 or 3 sessions and tie it up then. This way the players accomplish something. Then discuss how it work and want you want to do from there.

This scenario can relatively quickly be put into RealmWorks, maps can be made for the VTT of yoru choice and you are ready to roll.

You will learn RW and you can build upon your little corner of the world as you decide to continue your campaign. If you decide that is not the way to go nothing much is lost and you hopefully had some fun sessions.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote