View Single Post
Elfy

Old January 14th, 2020, 09:55 AM
Even though the Gadget Guide didn't specifically mention Wide Arrays as having the Dynamic option, there's no reason for it not to. A Wide Array is just a standard Array except in that it allows you to overload it with additional Power Points. Having the Dynamic option work with it makes perfect sense.

My most recent character idea is a character that can shift points each round between ranged damage, impervious protection, and flight (for example, character as 32 points to split between then each round, which means the character cannot have all 3 powers at max (as that would require 48 points) and has to choose what is more important to put the points into each round. Maybe rank 4 protection, rank 4 flight, and rank 8 damage one round and on the next they don't need to flight, so they go rank 8 protection and rank 8 damage the next round. Then maybe on the next round they don't need to zap anything, but they need to get somewhere quick, so the character does protection 8, flight 8, and damage 0, etc.).

I can kinda-sorta-fake-it by using a normal Dynamic Array and 'Stacks With', but it doesn't work fully since you cannot overload a normal Array like you can a Wide array. Right now I have to manually alter things to work.

I'd really like to see a solution implemented for allowing Dynamic Wide Arrays for these sorts of dynamic character concepts.
Elfy is offline   #3 Reply With Quote