View Single Post
Fenris447

Old November 12th, 2020, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MardukBathory View Post
The term isn't used in the DMG, which is an oversight, but I can assure you the difference is 1 handed or 2 handed guns. A pistol, revolver, or other handgun is a sidearm, a rifle, musket, shotgun or any thing along those lines are longarms.
Without the distinction in the actual DMG, we’d have to add what is essentially homebrewed info to the firearms in our DMG code. I’m not really comfortable with that.

That said, I’ve at least figured out how to assign overall firearm proficiency. So the end result will be that the City Cleric and Technomancy Wizard will be proficient in all firearms, and the Arcane Gunslinger invocation will allow for any firearm to be selected. If DM’s want to say “rifles don’t count”, they can. But Hero Lab won’t make the distinction between sidearms and long arms.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #840 Reply With Quote