View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
The problem I was having is that even though it had the !Hide.Attribute <live> tag on the pick template, that wasn't having any effect. It wasn't never showing up, it was always visible no matter what.... I'll try changing some timings around and see what happens.
Oops. I'm too rushed right now with all the prep for GenCon. So I missed that detail.

By putting the Live tagexpr on the *template*, you are not going to get the behavior you want at all. The Live tagexpr on the template performs the test against the tags on the *hero*. It also only applies to templates that are *not* used within tables. If a template is used for table, the live state of the table *portal* dictates whether the table appears or not.

If I understand correctly, you want all attributes to appear in the table, except for the Psionics attribute. That one attribute should be controlled via the presence of a tag. To accomplish this, you need to control what appears *within* the table - not the visibility of the table itself. You control the contents of a table via the Live tagexpr within the table *portal* - not the template.

Using the standard table portal used within the Skeleton files as a starting point, the revised table portal would look like below with the added restriction of only showing attributes that are lacking the tag.

Code:
  <portal
    id="baAttrib"
    style="tblInvis">
    <table_fixed
      component="Attribute"
      showtemplate="baAttrPick"
      showsortset="explicit"
      scrollable="no">
      <live>!Hide.Attribute</live>
      <headertitle><![CDATA[
        @text = "Attributes"