View Single Post
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 6th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianae View Post
But the saves aren't truly additive. you take the best bonus from the classes at each level. I go from 2,2,2 at 1st level to 3,3,5, a gain of +3 to my reflex, when monk gives +1(when it goes from +2 to +3) or Ninja gives +2.
Um they are additive actually. If I am normal level 2 monk I have 3,3,3 and I add one level of fighter I get a total of 5,3,3. I add another level of fighter and we get 6,3,3.

You basically just take the save values at any given class level and add it to any other class you are multiclass with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianae View Post
That line of logic would be like saying that lvl 1 monk has saves of 2,2,2 and since level 2 of monk says 3,3,3 then my 2nd level monk would have saves of 5,5,5.
Not with the same class but you do with multiple classes yes.

I guess the whole issue here is if a "monk/ninja" is considered a whole new class? Separate from a Fighter/Monk level? If so then really we should have 4,4,4 in all saves but then you should have +0 BAB as you are not level 2 monk your a level 1 monk/ninja both with a BAB of +0 being added to a Fighter/Monk BAB of +1. My thinking is that is not the case and if it is 100% true this whole addon needs to be scrapped back to the concept stage.

The issue is that their is like two sentences of information to go on for gestalt saves:
Quote:
Originally Posted by d20srd
Base Saving Throw Bonuses: For each save bonus, choose the better progression from the two classes. For example, a 1st-level gestalt fighter/wizard would have base saving throw bonuses of Fortitude +2, Reflex +0, Will +2—taking the good Fortitude save from the fighter class and the good Will save from the wizard class.
Sigh... Need to think about this some....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #12 Reply With Quote