View Single Post
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 10th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
2E, this is either a newly introduced bug or an old one which I didn't notice. I have a guy with 9 points of regular Defense and 2 ranks of Dodge Focus. His normal base defense is 11 and properly displays as 5+6 dodge. I mark him as stunned. It shows him as defense 4 with 5 dodge. The lowest line is User(+9), Stunned (-2), Dodge Focus 2 (+2). He should be defense 3, the 5 without dodge and then the -2 for being stunned. Adding 1 to his base defense makes it 4+6 dodge and User(+10), Stunned (-2), Dodge Focus 2(+2). Adding a rank of dodge has the exact same results.

I think what it's doing is subtracting the -2 for stunned before figuring out how much of the defense is the dodge bonus, thus making the defense one too high.
This is similar to my earlier 2E observation about the 'Helpless' condition:

Therefore, I believe it [the Play Aid Sheet] should read:

Helpless: No dodge bonus, -5 to Defense and an additional -4 to DEF from adjacent melee attacks.

Additionally, I went to the Adjust Tab and clicked upon the Helpless condition and it simply removed all the additional bonus I had purchased for DEF on the Abilities Tab instead of just the Dodge Bonus.

As stated above, to be in accordance with the Green Ronin Errata it should also be subtracting 5 from the base DEF value of 10.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; September 10th, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #23 Reply With Quote