Thread: V2.0 Errors
View Single Post
SWChance

Old April 4th, 2008, 08:12 AM
This is the first update to completely break my personal additions and my character.

So I download the new update and let it install. As always I make a copy of the d20 folder in data and rename it d20 - Modified. I then go to my old Modified folder and start moving over my additions. (I name them all with a usr_ so they are easy to sort)

I open HL and get no errors. I select my hero file and I get an error that crashes HL. The window tells me of a log file. The result is as follows:

lwderror1356.txt

C:\Program Files\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe
2.0. 155
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0045b44c
Type: bad read

So in troubleshooting I deleted the folder I created called d20 - Modified and recreated it. This time I moved one data file over at a time and would open and test it. Starting at the lowest level I moved over my templates and race files. (Yes I keep each seperate by book and type of data, ie: usr_eberron_feats, etc) I notice here that now my templates are adding to the visible number of level but not to the actual level. See below:

I play a dragonwrought kobold and use the draconic right of passage rites.
On the Basic tab where you select Level up it loos like this:

4 Artificer
- Draconic Rite of Passage
2 Artificer
- Dragonwrought Kobold (Red)
(It red flagged the second entry of Artificer since I had no XP listed. It showed that I needed 1000 xp to make it right. So it's calculating that correctly but displaying the level wrong.

Before the update it would look like this:
2 Artificer
- Draconic Rite of Passage
1 Artificer
- Dragonwrought Kobold (Red)

I am not done moving all of my data files over and I am not sure why my character crashed as it did. From here I will continue to move files over and see if anything else comes up.

Help me Obi-Rob your my only hope...

Of course that is not entirely true, Colen will more than likely have an answer before Rob can read the Post.

Thanks guys!

Chris Bradshaw
SWChance is offline   #1 Reply With Quote