View Single Post
Fuzzy

Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
In such a case what your asking is 100% possible. You add a "Custom" weapon on the "Weapon" tab. Then you can easily modify it (click on the Wrench/Hammer icon) to become +1 to +2 or +1 with Flaming for when you use your Arcana. Unless I am missing something what your needing to do is easily/quickly change a Longsword into a +1 Flaming longsword or +1 Keen Longsword is built right into HL.

The only difference is that you will be handling these changes on the Weapon Tab instead of the "In-Play" tab.
Right, I already figured i could do that. I was just trying to make it work with the built-in In-Play system. I figure if I want to use an ability, it makes sense to do that from the ability.

So what is preventing boostrapping picks onto weapons? Would there be another way to duplicate the effect of the pick in the ability's eval scrips by altering the crit range field of the weapon itself? There'd be some issues, such as the fact that it 'doubles' the existing range, so you'd have to make sure the weapon wasn't already keen, to avoid doubling the doubling.

To me the bigger issue would be how to select the weapon from the Activated Abilities portal. Or more specifically, how to select both the item AND the ability to add. It looks like, in my experiments, that the Activated Abilities portal only shows the first 'Select From...' list, and not the second. If you add an ability that uses both selections, the 2nd IS recognized (as the ability remains red because the 2nd options is not chosen), but it is not shown. Same for Array-Based Menu's.

Last edited by Fuzzy; April 23rd, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   #8 Reply With Quote