View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old November 21st, 2018, 05:04 AM
It has to be done at the .user file level for the community to do it, the .stock files point to and grab their information from both .user files and for the SRD monsters one of the data files encrypted/zipped by LW.

So depending on the creature, if it is a community creation we just add the tag to the monster directly in the .user file Race. If it is a LW creation, we can extend the tag by going to the *Extend Thing tab in the editor and creating an entry to add the tag to the thing that needs it. I think some of these extends are in the "in development" .user files for the community.

You can however create your own .user file and extend the tag yourself.

Open the editor, create a new file. On the General Section look for the sub-tab labelled *Extend Thing.

On that tab do a New(Blank). You'll notice that the sections above will show ? in the fields. Hit the Find Thing button and look up the monster you want to make a familiar. After you select it you'll see that Thing Unique ID is now set to the unique ID of the creature. Type over the question mark in Group id with CompIs and type over the question mark in Tag id with Familiar. Make sure you copy these exactly as typed, the capital letters are important.

Hit the save button.

Hit the test now button.

You should be prompted to save the file. You can name it my_familiar.user or whatever makes you remember what it's named.

The familiar list should be expanded with that one monster now, if it doesn't you may need to reload HL.

If you have an iPad, you need to do this on a PC and then transfer the files over - I think the instructions have been provided in other posts - I don't have an iPad so am not that familiar with the process.
dungeonguru is offline   #6 Reply With Quote