View Single Post
PGoodman13

Old March 13th, 2021, 08:08 AM
Okay, this is funky. I haven't been into Hero Lab in a while except to make sure I've downloaded bug fixes. Current version I'm using is 64-bit V8.9h #958. STA dataset is 1.9.

I needed to check on something regarding an existing character for a campaign that's been dormant for a while. So I fired up HL 64-bit, opened up the character's portfolio, and was greeted with this warning:

"Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the help menu).

Portfolio created with different version of product. Compatibility is unknown but attempting load anyway.
Source portal ‘menutype’ has been orphaned for pick ‘typMain’
Pick ‘typMain’ has been orphaned due to missing source portal in batch ‘54’
One or more selections on ‘Andromeda Wolfe’ couldn’t be loaded. They may require content that isn’t available to this Hero Lab license, or user content that isn’t currently loaded.
‘Unarmed Strike’ is not available and can’t be loaded."

Now yes, it's been a while since I opened this character last, and HL has had several updates. I've seen similar messages before; this usually disappears when you save the portfolio and re-open it. That bit about "Unarmed Strike' not available has me a little leery, however.

So I hit OK on the warning so it loads the portfolio. Imagine my surprise when I click on the Basics tab and discover that my Human security chief is a starship now. I've attached a PNG of my Basics screen for your perusal.

I just tried opening the same portfolio in the 32-bit HL and get the same results, so something is clearly borked.

ETA 1: Tried it with a couple of different portfolios in both 32- and 64-bit versions, and the same errors occur.

ETA 2: Tried to build a new character, and things seem to be going okay, at least in 32-bit. Can save and reopen the portfolio without incident.
Attached Images
File Type: png Andromeda Wolfe Basics 20210313.png (275.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by PGoodman13; March 13th, 2021 at 08:44 AM.
PGoodman13 is offline   #166 Reply With Quote