View Single Post
kbs666

Old September 2nd, 2018, 02:15 PM
Chicago's main PFS location for PFS basically got wiped while DDAL at the same location on the same night went from nothing to 10 or 12 tables in the course of about 2 years.

Some of that was the store clerks steering no players to DDAL, some of that was people simply be more familiar with D&D as a brand and some of that was some very toxic players in the local PFS groups. Our local venture officers were some of the least competent organizers and managers of an organization I've ever dealt with. We had 2 people who have been banned or kicked out of multiple gaming groups, including my own home game and several other home games that I'm aware of. They claimed that the store forbid them from banning them. When it got the point that the PFS tables weren't making they tried joining the DDAL tables. The DDAL organizer straight told them in front of numerous people they were not welcome and he would cancel any signup they made on warhorn in the future. The store said not a word.

As to updates, regular updates, as long as they are honest, even of the we have nothing substantially new to report means that that they are at least still devoting some time and effort on us. The situation from the spring and early summer made a lot of people very angry. It wasn't just the complete radio silence. It was bug reports that simply vanished into a black hole not even the automated reply that it had been received, I personally sent in at least a dozen from when I was working on the community realm that simply went into the void. It was the multi months long stall waiting for Paizo without any other patches. No one can tell that time was well spent. Rob was ill, I understand and accept that. Whatever other developers were working on RW should have accepted that they were pounding their heads against a brick wall and directed their efforts instead at bug fixes and minor feature updates until Paizo delivered from their end. A couple of QoL and bug fix patches would have made the entire community so happy that there is no way we'd where we are now.

And no, they definitely should not be on FB or twitter. I have a FB account that I only use for business purposes. I keep my personal life off FB and increasingly everyone I know does as well. I've never used twitter. The only person I know who ever uses twitter is my company's social media rep. This forum is advertised as LWD's official presence on the web so the should post any updates here or through email. They went to the effort of harvesting all of our emails after all.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw

Last edited by kbs666; September 2nd, 2018 at 02:24 PM.
kbs666 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote