Thread: AD&D 2e
View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2016, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adkaraczun View Post
Okay. I get that. How would you rate the tools to create rule sets? I am not a programmer, so if it takes actual programming skill I'll probably not be able to do it. Also what do I need to do this? The HL licensing structure with rule sets and authoring tool, etc. Is confusing to me, which has stopped me from purchasing anything more than I currently have.
I use EditPad Lite as that was what Mathias recommended. I won't deny there is a learning curve. You kind of have to break up tasks into small tasks. Progress comes slowly usually but as long as you focus on one thing at a time its not too bad. I spent the last five years studying xml and learning under the hood so to speak. There is a kit wiki but it is not up to date (there are references to data files that used to be accessible which are no longer accessible, i.e. world of darkness). It's a good starting point but I learned from just diving into the skeleton files in the data and slowly tinkering and altering them.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #97 Reply With Quote