View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old October 6th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodice View Post
If new members create new forum accounts and join here, instead of posting new topics of old feature request should we necro the old threads of each of the features we most want to see added in order to add our support?
Why bother.

Forums are a terrible place to curate feature requests. It would be nice if people would do a quick search before posting—heck, would save them the time of writing a post and waiting on answers.

But I would never give anyone a hard time for posting on something already written about. Maybe just point them to some existing threads that they find useful.

As for adding your post to an old thread, based on prior posts from Rob, I don't think it matters. They go through the requests and keep a large list of feature requests. They'll know which are more popular regardless of whether there is one thread with many "me too" posts or many individual threads asking for the same thing.

From a user perspective, implementing something like User Voice would be more helpful, but I can see why small, cost-conscious companies might stick with just having a request forum in their discussion forum platform.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #7 Reply With Quote