Thread: Bootstrap issue
View Single Post
chiefweasel

Old November 7th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If you're trying to incorporate a class into a main file, just delete the class panel file - don't even worry about it.

When editing the XML, be careful about opening and closing elements. Every Hero Lab file will begin with <document signature="Hero Lab Data"> and end with </document>, so make sure that you don't copy those elements from the second file into the first, and that you place the new information before the closing </document> element.

Each thing in a Hero Lab file will begin with <thing>, and end with </thing>, so also be careful not to put something inside a pair of <thing></thing> elements.

I would HIGHLY recommend using a text editor to merge two files, rather than trying to copy the elements one at a time. The editor isn't made for moving infomation - it's made to help you enter the information.

There is now a single class panel that is used for all classes - there is no longer a need to define a custom class panel for each class - they all use the same one. The whole point of that work was that the user doesn't need to worry about the class panel when they're creating a new class.

Yup i am careful to check for the tags for the document and the specific things. i use notepad to copy the files over, its just not working.

Now i do have a question about the class panels. i am not sure what you mean here, as i still see the same tabs that i have always seen. i dont see any difference now from what existed before. So i'm not sure what you mean by the "class panels"? if you mean the panels that are created with a prestige class, then i have to differ with you on that. i tried removing them and the whole program crashed on me. i tried for a few days to correct it but in the end i had to recover from a back up. it really seems that once code is created, the slighted change made to it cause the program to become non-functional. and i am far from making perfect code on the first try.

i have even sent Lawful_g some of the screen shots of the problems i am having and he cant seem to duplicate them, so not sure what the problem is. it seems my installation of HL is somehow unique.
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote