View Single Post
snaggle2th

Old January 18th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Would suffixes come in handy in this situation? My understanding is that link matching is done on the title field only, not on the title-and-suffix pair.

Using my example, to have two 'Main Gate' entries, with a suffix of 'LA' and 'IS' respectively would still result in naming conflicts. Only by using 'LA' and 'IS' (ie. 'Main Gate (IS)') as part of the title field would you be sure that the two 'Main Gate' entries would not conflict.

Using the OP's example, adding a suffix to 'Fly' would still result in 'false positives', while using a title field of 'Fly (Spell)' would make them very unlikely indeed.

Am I misunderstanding some aspect of this? I'm sure that some people would not want to use the clunkier title, but personally, I find the false positive links to be more inconvenient.

EDIT: Wait a minute--DO matches get made on the title-and-suffix pair? Because that would be awesome! You have me doubting myself--but if that were the case, I wonder why no one would have brought it up in this thread...

Last edited by snaggle2th; January 18th, 2018 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Appending
snaggle2th is offline   #8 Reply With Quote