Thread: Output View
View Single Post
DarkHost

Old March 20th, 2006, 08:48 AM
I guess I am just clueless about how to reset the output view.

I have searched the AB Authoring Kit for the term "reset" and found the following (see below) on p.224. I have located the "Reset" button in the "Specify Display Columns and Sequences of Information for the Force List" dialogue box. However, the only views that are selectable are "Available View" and "Roster View".

I have checked the .def file (by opening the file in ABC and making sure the Output? box is checked for the appropriate view, and by opening the file and examining the XML code: <view id="output" name="Output View" output="yes">) and verifed that a view has been defined as the default output view.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

-Don

from p.224 of ab_kit.pdf....

By default, Army Builder will always save the last-used settings and restore them when you next load the game system. This means that you can change the defaults to whatever you want, and Army Builder will not automatically show the results to you. Once you change the defaults in your definition file, you'll need to force Army Builder to re-load those defaults. This is accomplished by going into the appropriate mechanism (View, Filter, or Sort) and clicking on the "Reset" button. Triggering a reset will force the defaults to be re-loaded from the most recently compiled data files, showing you exactly what the user will see when he first loads your data files.
DarkHost is offline   #4 Reply With Quote