View Single Post
Raistlindantilus

Old February 2nd, 2020, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The Pathfinder forum is mostly busy with people writing their own extensions; so until HLO provides this ability its forum will be fairly quiet.

The RW forum is probably being watched by only the same few people all the time...
Generally it seems like its about 50-75 people viewing the Realm Works forums almost constantly.

Considering I used realm works for a couple years without even visiting the forums I would bet its a more valued product than LW realizes. They just failed to properly monetize it.

Edit: especially since they have no real competition. There is not another piece of standalone client-side software that can do what this product does. If anyone is aware of one please point me at it. Scrivener, Onenote, Googledocs, all these things fall terribly short. World Anvil, YARPS and others are all web-based. What happens if you put years of work into a web based campaign manager and the website shuts down? I don't really understand why web-based seems to be the go-to model when its a terrible idea long-term and campaigns tend to be very long term endeavors.

Last edited by Raistlindantilus; February 2nd, 2020 at 07:00 AM.
Raistlindantilus is offline   #17 Reply With Quote