Thread: Mythic Rank
View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 29th, 2014, 09:10 AM
The editor is for adding custom content, which is a great tool to have, however, it does require the user to actually learn things to make the most of it. I had enough background as a C++ programmer to figure things out on my own with a little direction from Mathias, Colen, and Aaron. But we're talking many of years of adding custom content for both World of Darkness and Pathfinder. Back when I started my Forgotten Realms files there were no existing files to work with online, so I decided to do the work myself. I had to learn a lot of things to get the data added. There have been many late nights spend studying the wiki page and documentation files that come with hero lab just for me to add custom content.

If you're a user that isn't adding custom content regularly, the editor is more of a chore than a help. I really do not feel that adding mythic ranks and options should require creation of a new race. That is just a quick, dirty, easy way out of adding an incrementer and dynamic table into the files (and I wouldn't even know these terms if it wasn't for working on custom files for different systems, even more hours spent studying). Mythic monsters and NPCs could have their own tab where this information is stored and added, I'd be fine with that. I am starting to use Mythic material more in campaigns and hero lab should be saving me time to tinker with these options, not increasing it. Sometimes a single race being added is an hour of work to get working correctly and I'd personally prefer not having to do this amount of work just to get a creature from Bestiary 4 re-created to add mythic ranks when I've already paid for the license to use Bestiary 4 and Mythic Adventures.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #19 Reply With Quote