View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 15th, 2018, 08:35 PM
I know what is causing the error. I'm not sure how to handle it, or rather, I'm not sure I understand what is happening in order to handle it, if at all.

All my shields have a weapon I bootstrap to it called Shield Bash.

I've worked it out that I can make a custom magic shield and everything works out great.

I've since decided to make a new specific magical shield in the custom editor, and I put a shield as a gizmo on the new magic shield.

Unfortunately, I get errors on the BaseWep component of the wShieldBash weapon I created and bootstrapped to each shield. When I created the magical shield, that shield is the target of all the BaseWep component scripts. Which makes me believe the bootstrap method was incorrect (mind you, I've had this bootstrapped for a couple of years, and this is the first time I've created a specific shield OR added a specific shield to a hero).

Turns out, every specific shield (even the ones in the d20 set) are getting these errors. It's all because I've bootstrapped that Shield Bash weapon to the shields.

Is there another transition I'm missing? I can't imagine it's a gizmo, and I don't know any other way to attach it to a shield outside of bootstrapping it. That is trying to transition to the shield and it cannot find certain fields, such as wDamage and wAttack.

I wondered if anyone might have encountered something like this before with bootstrapping to armor and specific armors. Is this something that can be resolved or has a work around for? I would have thought the transition would just be to the shield gizmo, but it isn't. It's transitioning to the magic armor that I created that's a magic shield and not finding fields that are normally reserved for being on weapons.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; October 15th, 2018 at 08:38 PM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote