View Single Post
SeeleyOne

Old January 7th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Also, while I never finished it, I did start to create a Custom race for my own data set. This works for characters, not creatures though (unless enough is added as per Step 4 below).

Step 1: Made a race that displays as Custom Race in the Race drop-down.

Step 2: Bootstrapped an Edge that requires it, called "Custom Race Name" which then allows you to enter the name of the race in its Domain, then it makes it so that the Domain replaces the names so that they will change on the screen and on the print-out.

Step 3: Give it 2 "Rewards Points". These will be used to purchase abilities from the list of rewards.

Step 4: (this is the part that I am not done with, and may never be) Make options in the Rewards section. Most of them are unique, and some of them preclude one another. For example, you cannot have +1 strength die, +2 strength die, and -1 strength die. Just pick one of them.

4a: For that part I am thinking about simplifying it and just making a dropdown that looks for the "Simples" and then making adjustments in an eval script based on what is selected. Doing this cannot bootstrap things to a character, but they can modify them. Also, only Edges can have the dropdown so the Reward would need to bootstrap an appropriate Edge.

There are many things that can be done with Edges. Some of them I make free or bootstrap just because of their usefulness. You can make it so that they do not print out so it helps to keep clutter down at least for a printed out character.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #11 Reply With Quote