View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
From what I've seen, for the d20, M&M and WoD files, the core files are stored on your computer as compiled versions. So, you're able to add new versions of existing things or create replacement versions with the editor, but you can't modify the way the system works, to convert d20 to a spell point system, for example.
Well, this is exactly what I've been trying to find out. So, in order to get the game system to incorporate house rules that significantly alter the mechanics, I have to use the Editor. That's rather annoying. I really needed to alter the strength bonuses to attack values (to be more like 2nd Ed), an altered skill system (which seems now to be an impossibility, sigh), and change the armor dex bonus system (mine works on percentages rather than just a number).

My options, therefore, are to create the entire system from scratch with the skeleton files, OR use the editor and have to keep loading things all the friggin' time? I don't see how this is any more useful than just doing a whole program myself. Yet another industry product that has promised the ability to edit "everything" and fails to live up to it. Still, that said, this is probably the best thing out there so far that I've seen, and I'll be using it for the interim.
Kendall-DM is offline   #12 Reply With Quote