View Single Post
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 27th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greebo View Post
Beeing in the same situation as Dervish, I really understand your and the devs need for the content market, BJ. I argued that way more than once.

But, like many others around this forum, I beg to differ on a very important point:

One of your most important assets are we, the users and customers. Sounds strange and slightly presumptous, I know. But the users, especially those lurking around various forums and the FB group, not only pay for your products. We are an important means of promotion also. If we are satisfied, we talk to others about it. If not, well, we do the same. If we can understand your problems and delays, will tell others also.

Yes, we know, and we are gratefull for it, since we all want RW to succeed and get all the features (like custom calendars and individual reveal) we are all excitedly waiting for.
But - speaking as someone with some experience in PR - we need to know it on a different level.
Therefore I have to agree with Merion, the major problem is the communication.
The issue with weekly updating is if we have something we are working on and that goes sideways and we've spoken about it, people will be upset if we can't accomplish it. If we give a date and we miss it people will be upset that we missed it. If we say soon fully 100% believing that it will be soon and soon doesn't come, people will be upset. So the updates don't work any better than keeping silent. All we can really relay at this point is we are working as hard as we can to accomplish everything everyone wants. Releasing a string of paragraphs about some broken code that needs fixed or written before security will work properly or some such isn't all that helpful and just takes away dev time as someone from the dev team has to come and explain it and then likely sink hours into follow up questions about it, all of which delays the release even more.

When we have big news, or even small but important news, you'll absolutely be seeing it! But giving tech updates before the work is finished is just guess work and that doesn't serve anyone well. At this point I can't even envision Gen Con coming and going before we see the content market but I can't guarantee that something won't go sideways on some security issue or a major bug won't crop up. All any of us can do at this point is wait and use the amazing tool that we have already, as it is, to make something fantastic of our own.
BJ is offline   #42 Reply With Quote