View Single Post
Asandir

Old August 20th, 2018, 02:05 PM
FWIW, I am currently working a major project at my place of employment. We are combining data from about 9 separate systems into one. This is large HR ERP. The base data conversion due to the complexity is now down to about two weeks, with three additional smaller conversions to catchup from the time from the initial data cut to the final go live date. Also due to 4 separate payroll schedules from the entities involved. Our first pass 15 months ago took us about 8-10 weeks.

With the conversions we are doing and the complexity of the interactions between the entities, 2/3rds of our highly experienced consulting staff are still shaking their heads at the complexity of what we are trying to do. We have a few people that are actually employed at all three entities and trying to figure out who's on first has been a challenge of the first order, with many employees holding positions at two entities and significant amount of movement between the entities on an ongoing basis. Between the three entities we have about 75 different retirement options depending upon who you are, where you are, how long you've been here and how much you make.

I've been doing this kind of work for 25 years and I've never seen anything like it either.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #4 Reply With Quote