View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 23rd, 2015, 08:32 AM
*Shrugs*
Hey some people have "summer homes", travel abroad (get enough of that with work thanks) Hunt / Fish, have season tickets to what ever..... We are basically homebodies (well my family is, I am when not traveling for work). We have a family ranch with cows( more work than its worth but keeps Uncle Sam at bay), a home in town, but our foremost hobby is being gamers... I am thankful my wife indulges my addiction

Our Campaign is first in foremost ROLEplay, not ROLLplay... something that has been a personal challenge for me in dealing with the latest generation I have (Generation 4 is how I track them). But its understandable, they (average age 25) grew up in a world that always had computers and PC gaming, so their approach to the game is from that angle. Only in the last year have they really grasped that all the tech, bells, whistles, modifiers, skills, feats, "unique class adaptions" wont save you from poor decisions, poor team work, or poor planning. Once any group embraces that it is not the destination but the journey that makes the game unique you will find the game much more challenging and fulfilling.

Anyway off the soap box.....

Back to topic point... Cant you utilize RW on two screens, sure, there are (As noted above by the faithful community) many approaches. IT just depends on your expectations.

Determine what those are first.
1> do I simply want to show pictures or handouts electronically? Then maybe a second monitor is all you need.
2> do I want to use Fog of World as a "sudo" - VTT map? Then maybe a second monitor may be too small, and a projector, or TV is the solution.
3> Always consider time you have to prep, room you have to dedicate to the game, and obviously $ resources. You can build a great game for much less than you think if you plan and consider what your real use and goals are. As I noted in the What does your table look like thread.... Ours is probably an exception to the norm, but even it can be done inexpensively (read further down in thread I provided a $ breakdown cost). Note also our's is a culmination of 30 years of stuff too...

A great game is not in the peripherals, its in the participants. Mine has never been to utilize RW as a VTT, there are simply several other superior choices, the most important one being a good DM and good imaginations.

Just my 2cp
DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote