Thread: Herolab Online
View Single Post
Ian

Old January 25th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Why this sounds great it also makes me very worried. I mean its already been confirmed that to do custom UI for say Pathfinder requires three different scripts and logic in the near future. I will need to support HLC windows/mac, HLC iPad (yes iPad has its own unique logic) and now HLO scripts.

Are you now saying that in addition to the above I will have to have different solutions for HLC and HLO when dealing with configurables? I am not seeing how that is a benefit here of needing to support three totally different designs and script logic.

I am starting to feel I am programming in the android world and have to deal with a fractured market place.

If I was being paid to do the above work by companies I can see it not being a huge deal. But as a free contributor needing to produce three times the amount code to make a product usable is not something I am looking forward too.

Hopefully this is just another 'off the cuff' comment and is leaving out tons of details.
Most of the "magic", with option sets as an open-ended upgrade on the current setup of multiple ability pools and linked configurables, will work fine in the desktop HL engine, so that part just depends on us updating existing game systems for it. And we have to do that anyway if we want to use them in HLO.

The only thing that can't easily be backported to desktop HL is the different template system, and that only applies to the parts that can't be automatically generated, which I think would actually be pretty limited for the PF Community Pack.
Ian is offline   #17 Reply With Quote