View Single Post
Bob G

Old October 4th, 2020, 05:45 AM
I've looked at this ability a few dozen times and decided that using a configurable is the way to go. I thought that maybe if I broke this down into bite-sized chunks, I might be able to get more assistance. So here we go:

1. The class gets the Toxin technique as a secondary custom ability. This gives them the ability to create toxins with a base profile as listed in the OP.
2. The class can choose techniques as a tertiary custom ability. Techniques modify the toxin base profile in a number of different ways.
3. At 1st level, the class can choose to apply one technique to her toxin per day. This increases by 1 at 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter (i.e. 8th, 12th, etc.)

To start, I'm setting up the ability for the class to customize her toxins. I've set up a configurable that is bootstrapped when the class chooses the Toxins custom ability. In the configurable, my primary candidate expression is
Quote:
component.UserSelect & abCategory.Pois_tech & thing.user_added
I want it to filter only the toxin techniques that the class has chosen, and limit the number of selections. Instead, the configurable is returning "Nothing to choose from."

I seem to be missing a tag in my primary candidate expression, but I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone help?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #6 Reply With Quote