View Single Post
TheYsconator

Old February 17th, 2020, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjmarshall View Post
What I see in that document you should be able to create no problem in HLO. Just create new PC. Select custom ancestry and set the values for that. From there go to Permanent Adjustments and Permanent Added Abilities. There are options there to change the values for the character. You can then use that character as your base and create copies and tweak as necessary. If you have additional questions, or if I'm not quite understanding what you mean please let me know.
So in my case for example, I'm trying to create the |Caustic Wolf| from The Fall of Plaguestone. Using a custom NPC here seems a bit overkill, and does not even appear to fully work.

The 'overkill' part (having to skip over all kinds of boxes, like starting gold) is annoying, but not a problem per se.

However, what would the class of such a beast be? And even after picking just something and doing the rest with permanent modifications, creating a new NPC instead seems to be the way to go for such animals. However, these don't have a 'custom' ancestry (which I think is rather odd).

How'd you go about re-creating such monster in HLO?
TheYsconator is offline   #8 Reply With Quote