View Single Post
Valdacil

Old January 25th, 2019, 07:34 PM
Your tips gave me a way to go after this. I created the configurable for Languages and an ability called Language Picker. Language Picker has a drop down to select a language, and an incrementer (the exact tag is Helper.Increment since it was made when the limit was still 10 characters). I've got an eval script that loops through all picks and totals the incrementers to set that value for cfgSpent1. I have another eval script that grabs herofield[tLangsSta].value and herofield[tLangsSpk].value, sets cfgMax1 to the sum of those values, then zeros them out. So high INT and points in Linguistics shift selections to the Languages tab.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to resolve automatically added languages. Example: certain human heritages will grant the regional language; elves, dwarfs, etc get their native language; druids get Druidic. Ideally, I could programmatically detect the presence of one of these languages (foreach pick in hero from BaseLang), add a Language Picker to the Languages tab, select the language and increment the incrementer by 2, then add 2 to the cfgMax1 field. Is this possible?
Valdacil is offline   #3 Reply With Quote