View Single Post
DickNervous

Old October 16th, 2017, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThomason View Post
Since you are already using Excel, have you considered exporting to a CSV and using the community created CSV import tool discussed in this thread?

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156
I have thought about that and will be looking into using that tool for a bunch of things, including getting the basic articles for each system into RW, but my Excel spreadsheet does live lookups of the definitions so I can't export that as a CSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Justin: I think that he would like to make this topic in RW like a form that you can fill out and RW returns the corresponding values.

DickNervous: If you want to do this kind of live-lookup you could maybe link the excel file as foreign object?
The excel file displays 3 sections of information as seen in the attached screen shots. The first one (wl_1)shows the system identifying information and data that I would like to have in the lookup. At this point, I think I will have to continue to use Excel for that for the time being. Eventually I amy try to set it up as a web application and use a live link to it, but that won't be for a while.

The 2nd (wl_2) shows my encounters, flavor text, descriptions, patrons, notes, NPCs, etc. The stuff that RW is perfect for and I will be moving that to RW.

The third (wl_3) shows the subsector and region maps that are pulled from the TravellerMap.com website and, at the bottom, history of the subsector. I am pretty sure I can get the links to the maps into RW and the history information will be simple.

If anyone wants to see the Excel file in action, PM me and I will send you a link to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wl_1.JPG (199.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg wl_2.JPG (161.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg wl_3.JPG (238.0 KB, 7 views)
DickNervous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote